- Dear Students, Parents and Guardians,Greetings from the TCNJ Financial Aid Office.
Our physical office space is now closed and our staff are all working remotely. At the moment, we are unable to take incoming phone calls, or make in-person/phone appointments. Our only means of communication are emails and we are trying to respond to those as quickly as possible.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Our goal is to continue office operations as seamlessly as possible but please be prepared for processing delays. These are unprecedented times.
If we are requesting documents from you please note that there is no physical mail being delivered to the campus and no staff available for faxed documents. All documents must be scanned and emailed to the office.
If you have any billing questions please visit the Student Accounts website for more information: https://studentaccounts.tcnj.edu/
Thank you for your patience as we are all learning to work and live under new circumstances.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-2021 academic year became available on October 1, 2019.
- Incoming Freshmen applicants (current high school Seniors):Our priority FAFSA application deadline is February 15, 2020. Estimated financial aid offers for incoming Freshmen will be available AFTER the student has been admitted to TCNJ and no earlier than March 2020. All notifications are sent via e-mail.
Please review the New Student Financial Aid Brochure by Clicking Here.
- Spring Transfer students:
Please complete the current year’s FAFSA (2019-2020) by our priority deadline date of December 15, 2019. Aid offers will be available via email in January.
- Current TCNJ students:
You are encouraged to complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA as soon as possible to avoid processing delays. The Financial Aid Office will reach out to you via your PAWS email if additional documents are needed to complete your file.
- 2020–2021 Official Financial Aid Notifications
The Office of Student Financial Assistance will begin its official 2020/2021 financial aid awarding cycle June of 2020. Stay tuned for further announcements via this page as the date nears.
- Private Scholarship Awards
Federal regulations require students to report yearly award amounts and descriptions of any grants and scholarships received from sources outside The College of New Jersey. Please click on the link below for more information:
- The State of New Jersey has updated their application deadlines, please refer to the following link for further information: http://www.hesaa.org/Pages/StateApplicationDeadlines.aspx
- Notice to All Students on Drug Use and Ineligibility for Federal Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Process UpdatesIncome tax data can easily be transferred from the IRS to your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
IRS Tax Return Transcripts or a signed home copy of your tax forms will be required if you are selected for verification and you did not use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- NJ HESAA Electronic Document Collection for 2020-2021:https://www.hesaa.org/Pages/GrantsUpload2020-2021.aspx
Please click here for instructions on how to scan documents using your mobile phone.